Monday, November 7, 2011

Walking the tracks...

I am an engineering student, walking the beaten tracks like millions of others. Not that I have anything to complain about it, but I know at least some of you have felt this feeling. A feeling that you have no sense of what you are doing, and a question of whether this is the thing you want to do for the rest of your life.

To me, the two most favorite things are writing and travelling. Then what the hell am I doing, studying engineering? Honestly, I can't answer that and could only say that I ended up here and now I am here. And I don't regret the decision, that much. This decision has provided me a series of joys and heart aches, any decision would bring. That being said, I would like to say a thing or two, for my love of travelling.

To me travelling is freedom, a way to reconnect with the past, so that I could make sense of present, and look into the future. I know it sounds cheesy, but for me travelling is liberating too. If there is anything I want to do, for the rest of my life, that would be travelling. And by blogging, I would be realizing my second love, that is, writing. So I want this blog to be an active one, and I want to write at least one blog a week for now. I want to write mostly about places I've visited and the places I want to visit. The places I've visited, that's not very much.

I've visited only a few places, all of them around South India. But hey, I am living in one of the most exotic countries in the world. So for good locations to visit, I think all I have to do is look around. And believe me, I would be looking around. Due to the enormous workload and the hefty schedule of engineering syllabus, I would have little time to pursue my passion. But I expect to do some more serious travelling after my course is finished. Enough about that.

I also have a very good interest in photography. So i would also be posting pictures I've taken during the trips. I have a Kodak m532 digital camera, which honestly, works like shit. But for now, it will do.

So, let the blogging begins...

1 comment: